PCOO

SENATOR Ana Theresia 鈥淩isa鈥 N. Hontiveros-Baraquel has for the nth time challenged televangelist Apollo C. Quiboloy to come out, face his accusers, and subject himself to questioning by the Senate instead of defending himself through vloggers.

鈥淧astor Quiboloy, come out of your hiding place. Since you鈥檙e already granting interviews to vloggers, why don鈥檛 you also grant us an interview at the Senate?鈥 Ms. Hontiveros-Baraquel said in a statement on Monday.

She was referring to Mr. Quiboloy鈥檚 interview aired over DZAR Sonshine Radio last Saturday in which he claimed that witnesses presented by the senator in previous hearings were paid to speak against him.

Meanwhile, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin C. Remulla guaranteed the safety of the pastor but warned that he is not above the law and is no position set conditions for his surrender.

鈥淨uiboloy cannot impose any conditions. He must surrender not according to his terms but according to the terms of the law. The law applies to all, without exception,鈥 Mr. Remulla said.

The pastor had repeatedly accused the United States government of interference in going after him and demanded that the DoJ, the police, the National Bureau of Investigation and even the Philippine President make a written guarantee of non-interference by American agencies.

Mr. Quiboloy is wanted in the US for labor trafficking, among others, while charges of child abuse, sexual abuse, and qualified human trafficking are leveled against him before courts in Pasig and Davao Cities.

Five of Mr. Quiboloy鈥檚 co-accused either surrendered or were arrested last week and have already posted bail. 鈥 Chloe Mari A. Hufana