
Firework-related injuries were reported in a total of 28 cases from Dec. 21 to 25, according to the Department of Health (DOH).聽
In a Christmas advisory posted at 4:00 a.m., the DOH said that eight new cases were added since Dec. 21.聽
Of the total cases reported, 68%, or 19 individuals, are under 19 years old, while the remaining cases involve older individuals.聽
The data were collected from 62 sentinel hospitals being聽monitored聽by the DOH for firework-related injuries.聽
Most of the victims were injured by firecrackers, 5-Star,聽Boga, and Triangle.聽
The DOH noted that the current total is 50 percent lower compared to the same period last year, when 56 cases were reported.聽
It also聽advised the public to聽seek immediate medical attention in case of firework injuries.聽
鈥淎gad聽na聽dalhin聽sa聽ospital聽kung may聽aksidenteng聽dulot聽ng聽paputok聽[Immediately bring the person to the hospital if injured by fireworks],鈥 DOH said.聽聽
鈥淭umawag聽agad聽sa聽National Emergency Hotline 911 para聽sa聽emergency medical assistance [Call the National Emergency Hotline 911 immediately for emergency medical assistance].鈥濃櫬
The DOH will continue to聽monitor聽firecracker-related incidents until Jan. 5, 2026.聽
Last year鈥檚 holiday festivities recorded 844 firework-related injuries from Dec. 21 to Jan. 6, 2025, with most victims injured by skyrockets, locally called kwitis. 鈥 Edg聽Adrian A. Eva


