BROOKLYN Nets star Kevin Durant will not play if the National Basketball Association restarts the season, ESPN鈥檚 Adrian Wojnarowski reported Sunday.

The Nets are determined to let the four-time scoring champion rest until next season rather than risk reinjuring his right Achilles tendon.

鈥淜evin Durant鈥檚 not coming back to the Nets this year,鈥 Wojnarowski said during 鈥淭he Woj Pod鈥 podcast. 鈥淭hat鈥檚 not happening. … They鈥檙e not playing him.鈥

Earlier this month, Brooklyn general manager Sean Marks said he wouldn鈥檛 rule out Durant returning to the court if the league resumes the 2019鈥20 campaign. Play has been suspended since March 11 due to the coronavirus crisis.

鈥淗e knows his body better than anybody,鈥 Marks told Newshub of New Zealand. 鈥淥ur performance team and training staff have done a tremendous job getting him to this point, but I just don鈥檛 know how coming out of this pandemic will affect anybody, let alone Kevin.鈥

Durant, 31, was injured during Game Five of the 2019 NBA Finals as a member of the Golden State Warriors. He signed a four-year, $164-million deal with the Nets as a free agent in July.

The 10-time All-Star forward was the league鈥檚 Most Valuable Player in 2013鈥14 as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder. He was a two-time NBA Finals MVP with the Warriors. — Reuters