Cavitex operator aims to post P3-billion revenues in 2020
THE operator of the Manila-Cavite Expressway (Cavitex) is targeting to generate P3 billion in revenues in 2020.
鈥淲e are targeting P3 billion next year. [Because of] CALAX (Cavite-Laguna Expressway project), then the full year of operations of C-5 (Circumferential Road 5 South Link), and then we are hoping to get our toll fee increase, yung 2011-2014 namin na [petition] naka-pending pa sa TRB (Toll Regulatory Board), by next year,鈥 Roberto V. Bontia, president of Cavitex Infrastructure Corp. (CIC), told reporters on Dec. 2.
Mr. Bontia said the company is confident that it will hit its P2.2-billion revenue target for this year.
鈥沦颈驳耻谤辞 we will be ending the year with close to 175,000 vehicles a day. Last year 149,000 or 150,000 [vehicles a day],鈥 he said.
Cavitex has also benefitted from the traffic problem along the South Luzon Expressway (SLEx) due to the ongoing construction of the Skyway Extension.
鈥淚n fact, in November, we were averaging 190,000 vehicles a day, and that鈥檚 coming from a year-to-date of 175,000,鈥 Mr. Bontia noted.
鈥淭raditionally, December is a peak season but we were actually a beneficiary of the SLEx problem. We saw an uptick in Kawit (Cavite) and R-1 (Expressway) nuong nag-umpisa 鈥榶ung problema doon. In fact, we鈥檝e seen 4% to 5% increase in traffic because of the SLEx problem,鈥 he added.
CIC, which is part of Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC), is the private concessionaire for the Cavitex project.
MPIC is one of three Philippine units of Hong Kong-based First Pacific Co. Ltd., others being PLDT, Inc. and Philex Mining Corp. Hastings Holdings, Inc., a unit of PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund subsidiary MediaQuest Holdings, Inc., has interest in 大象传媒 through the Philippine Star Group, which it controls. — A. L. Balinbin


