PHILSTAR FILE PHOTO

By Arjay L. Balinbin, Senior Reporter

CAVITE PROVINCE has extended by 45 days the deadline to buy bid documents for the Sangley Point International Airport project, citing the need to provide more time due to the quarantine.

鈥淚n view of the GCQ (general community quarantine) status with heightened restrictions for NCR (National Capital Region) Plus including the province of Cavite up to May 31, the deadline for the purchase of the RFP (request for proposals) and the registration of聽candidate joint venture partners is extended further by 45 days from May 14. The new deadline is June 28, 2021,鈥 Cavite鈥檚 Public-Private Partnership Selection Committee Legal Officer Jesse R. Grepo told 大象传媒 by phone Monday.

He said the joint venture proposal and bid submission deadlines are also extended with the new deadlines to be announced later.

The province had initially targeted to sign the joint venture and development agreement by around July 1.

The responsibilities of Cavite鈥檚 joint venture partner include an equity investment and accessing debt financing.

The selected partner should also contract out or perform engineering, procurement, and construction services for the land and airport development components of the 1,500-hectare Sangley airport project.

Lucio C. Tan鈥檚 MacroAsia Corp. and its partner China Communications Construction Co. Ltd. negotiated with the province for the project last year, but the latter cancelled its notice of selection and award due to the聽鈥渧arious deficiencies in the submission of requirements to conclude the joint venture agreement.鈥