Brad Pitt in a scene from F1: The Movie.

MIAMI 鈥 A sequel to Brad Pitt鈥檚 successful F1: The Movie is likely and Apple is also hoping to expand its Formula One involvement globally after securing the US broadcast rights, Senior Vice-President of Services Eddy Cue said on Friday.

鈥淚 hope and expect there will be one,鈥 Mr. Cue said when asked by Reuters at the Miami Grand Prix about a possible sequel to the Apple Original Films production.

The movie cost an estimated $200 million to make and grossed $634 million, according to online database IMDb.

Apple TV took over from Walt Disney鈥檚 ESPN this season as exclusive US broadcaster of Formula One, with live coverage of all 24 rounds.

Mr. Cue said he was thrilled with how the coverage had been received and said Apple intended to play a big role in growing the sport.

鈥淭he sport doesn鈥檛 get licensed on a global basis,鈥 he added. 鈥淒o I hope that we are able to grow into other areas and markets? Yeah, I do.

鈥淏ut starting in the US which is a huge market for us, and being able to build from there, is definitely the right way to do it. And that鈥檚 what we are focused on right now. The easiest way for us to continue to grow is to make sure we make this a huge success.

鈥淎nd then of course it would be great to expand it.鈥

Mr. Cue said also that the appointment of John Ternus would only strengthen the company鈥檚 relationship with Formula One.

鈥淛ohn actually drives a Porsche and does amateur racing,鈥 he explained. 鈥淗e would actually be here this weekend but he鈥檚 at Laguna Seca.

鈥淪o rest assured if anything he鈥檚 going to be at more races even than Tim. He鈥檚 a huge, huge fan of F1 and he鈥檚 known about this, he鈥檚 a huge supporter. So you鈥檒l continue to see full support from him.

鈥淲hen we do something, we don鈥檛 do things halfway. The things that we do we go all in. So we believe without a doubt that this is going to make a huge difference in what we can do to help motorsports.鈥 鈥 Reuters